AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

weathermen are idiots
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 8/17/2010 14:33 (#1319507 - in reply to #1319411)
Subject: Re: weathermen are idiots

nc ks
I read all three offices here and usually 'fade' the forecast based on the differences in opinion between them, but this time they said all the stars were lined up and it wasn't only a 100% chance, it was going to be heavy rain. They said that the only reason they weren't putting out flash flood watches is that we were so extremely dry that they thought the first inch or two would soak in and that might keep it from getting to the threshold but they were going to monitor it closely and issue warnings as necessary. I can just see these inept excuses for professionals coming into the office today and laughing about how they sure missed that one, no consequences, no incentive to have to do better next time, no worries about the peoples' lives they've affected by putting out that garbage, just keep putting out the same crap that the computer spits out instead of digging deeper and making a forecast that reflects reality. They don't care that hundreds of people are making huge business decisions based on their drivel. They ought to have to hold a press conference attended by angry farmers every time they miss the forecast bad. Print their pictures and home phone in the paper. LOL There ought to be a link on the forecast page that you could push to give them the finger! LOL (louder). I think it is time for me to subscribe to a private forecaster and see what I get for my money. My tax dollars sure aren't getting me much.

There, I feel a little better now, thanks for listening and remember to keep your stick on the ice. And if my wife is listening, I'll be coming straight home after re-starting the irrigation and was wondering what the forecast % is for for a little rumble of thunder and maybe some lightning flashes followed by a sleepy gentle rain, if you know what I mean. --A little Red Green humor there for those of you who haven't watched the show.

Any recommendations for a private forecaster would be welcome.

Edited by kb ag 8/17/2010 20:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)