AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9660 Repair pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 8/16/2010 10:56 (#1317933 - in reply to #1317712)
Subject: RE: 9660 Repair pics

Nwmo
No it wasn't Hiawatha, however this combine did come from KS and they most likely would have been the servicing dealer, as far as knowing about the damage before purchase. I knew about some of it, the shaker pan was pretty obvious with the large whole and they did give me a new one which would have cost around 2 grand. The rest of it was pointed out to me after the combine inspection which looking back on it should have been done before I paid for it.

After asking around the shaker arm break which caused the fan damage was a pretty common thing for 06 and early 07 models they just didn't fix the rest of it because its a real SOB to get that damn shoe auger tray out. Its going to to be even worse getting it back in, I need a 100lb guy with tiny double jointed wrists to get up in there and tighten the front bolts back down on the shoe auger tray.

I'm kinda mad at myself for not catching the fan blades and that sort of stuff but then again I talked to the previous owner and he either didn't know about it or lied about it. Generally the previous owner will tell you whats wrong with equipment they traded in, not in this case. The previous owners word of everything being in great shape, the outward appearance of the machine, and the price compared to what I had been looking at gave me a lapse in judgment and I did not make them inspect it first. Live and learn I guess. I'm still happy with the deal I got, I went from a 9600 to 9660 and I never ever dreamed I could do that. I was hoping to get into a late model 50 series when I first started looking.

The machine has 964 sep hours

Devin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)