AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgriInvest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 8/13/2010 12:04 (#1313705 - in reply to #1313434)
Subject: RE: AgriInvest

As far as I'm concerned, every program the federal government has had, back to and including NISA has been a plain simple farce. We've been tied into AgriStability I believe and also AgriInvest.
You just wait until they offer you an interm payment later this fall because of the uproar and whining that will happen when there's no crop to harvest and the CFA/SFA and NFU gets the ball rolling because something has to be done...
We got the interm payment a few years ago due to BSE... then they wanted it back because at year end, when ~they~ finally figuered it out... we didnt' lose enough money to have required a payout. BAsically... we worked our asses off to pay our bills, sold timber, etc... so at yearend, we didn't lose money.
You should have see the figure they wanted back... WAY more than they EVER gave us. Thus the fighting ensued. That went through several sessions with several people in government where there was a lot of gerrymandering of numbers. We were fortunate enough to meet some higher ups in a local tour they did two years ago because of severe wet weather we had at the time... and one of those guys worked to get the thing straightened out somewhat. Basically he worked up a figure that we could repay.... and we're still paying that off.
What I can tell you... when we are done with paying that off, WE ARE FOREVER CLEAR of the Federal government and their goddamn scams.
These programs are nothing more than window dressing and political optics. Drawing the short straw is bad enough without being bent over for the splintered broom handle.
Weather worries are enough for me, let alone more government worries....
My opinion... if you put the same amount of money away in an interest savings account that you could draw out at any time... you;d be further ahead by a wide margin.

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)