AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting an Insight into A JD 6500 Sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 3/22/2007 22:41 (#124096 - in reply to #123998)
Subject: RE: Putting an Insight into A JD 6500 Sprayer

Nwmo
Thanks Ted, I really appreciate your input. I have decided to go with direct command and a complete wiring harness for Raven meters and valves.
Basically the sprayer has had most of the original parts replaced such as the Flow meter, which is now a Raven RFM60P flow meter and the throttle valve is also a raven. The only thing that isn't raven and might cause problems would be the boom valves which are TeeJet 3 wire valves. I haven't looked at raven valves so I don't know what type/voltage they are.

I already have an insight so I'm covered there, as far as gps I'm either going to run a raven 115 or pull gps off the ezguide 500 if its possible at release time.
I didn't think about it but I planned on using gps for speed maybe this can't be done.

As far as the way deere plumbed it, I can't really see any difference.
Water travels from pump to throttle valve T's off, one line goes back to tank, the other line goes to flow meter then boom valves and thats it.

If it goes like I think it will I should be able to leave all the sprayer buttons and things the way they are, disconnect all the boom valves meter and throttle valve, lay the DC harness in hook everything up to the DC harness. That way when I get ready to sell the sprayer I can remove the DC harness hook the old stuff back up and move it on out.
Going to order it tomorrow so I will let you know how it turns out, or I'll be on here asking for directions to your place.

Thanks Ted,
Devin Ferguson
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)