AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Claas Lexion New Combine Model Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 8/12/2010 14:55 (#1312229 - in reply to #1312113)
Subject: Claas Omaha Factory

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Last July 22 I was at the Claas factory in Omaha. They have a nice display area at what I assume is the main entrance.
Both times I have been there a Lexion 580 combine and Jaguar forage harvestor were inside, both without headers. Another Lexion was just outside the door.
Also inside is a about 1960 Claas combine, several display items probably for farm shows, - cleaning shoe, cylinder, etc.
TVs playing propagama, lots of sales literature. Also a theater and meeting rooms.
And a store with Lexion, Claas and some Cat stuff.

But not one warm company body present! If you need to see someone, you are suppose to call on the phone and they will come to you. And a good listing of phone numbers.
I have wanted in that store, called the number on the phone, but never an answer.
But last time a company person was walking thru the area, so I asked about opening the store. Pretty soon a nice lady was there to take my money. I made it worth her time.

And I asked if factory tours were possible. Didn't need to be today.
"The factory is shutdown for --------" I can't remember what the reason she said.
I replied that I knew new models were on the way, and they would not want the public to see them yet, but anytime later would be OK.
No reply.
I kinda assume these combines in the pics are the ones heading for the fall farm shows - Farm Progress, etc.
And I kinda felt the fall show ones would be built in Germany and spend some time on the boat. But maybe they were built in Omaha.

Edited by Bobby Greif 8/12/2010 14:59

(IMG_3215.jpg)

(IMG_3216.jpg)

(IMG_3217.jpg)

(IMG_3218.jpg)

(2010_06250007.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3215.jpg (53KB - 388 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3216.jpg (50KB - 362 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3217.jpg (77KB - 365 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3218.jpg (58KB - 401 downloads)
Attachments 2010_06250007.jpg (80KB - 363 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)