AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of making a software change. Need help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cwaters
Posted 8/8/2010 19:59 (#1306705 - in reply to #1305311)
Subject: Re: Thinking of making a software change. Need help.

Central IL
I have been using mapshots easisuite since day one, and easicrops before that. I am lucky enought to be in central IL where in the winter we have a local farmer who holds a class on easisuite in the winter, one day a week 6 weeks at Lincoln Land Community College. We have farmers who have driven as far as 3 1/2 hours to attend. The original value of this class for most is in setting up the program for your farm, but after that it becomes sort of a think tank type group were we work through problems and combine thoughts and opinions on how best to approach different parts of the program. We make renaimed copies of our databases to try different things, and if it doesnt work we just restore the original. This idea is one that will work with a11 ag software. Go to your softwares forum and seek out others in your area using the same software and see if you can't put together a group to meet on some type of a schedule in the winter and share thoughts and approaches of using that software. I really think this is the best way to learn a program well, hands on and sharing thoughts and ideas with others in the boat. For me and many other in the group this has become more of a yearly ritual to expand our knowlege and try new things than to simply learn the basics.
Chris Waters
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)