AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Senior's Notes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 7/25/2010 07:47 (#1287137)
Subject: Senior's Notes

Martinsville, Ohio

Got tired of working on fertilizer plans so I started thinking about marketing where the real money is.

I just read Senior's recent world market notes and think he is right on, totally agree with his thinking.  Now to get my cropping and marketing plan in line with this background thinking:

"Rapeseed & Canola production estimates reduced by 2.5 M MT

Argentine and Brazilian soya oil exports are reduced by rising domestic production of biodiesel.

A massive shift of Indian import demand towards soya oil is occurring in the second half of this sea-son, probably bringing soya oil imports to a four-year high.

Indian oilmeal production and exports will fall to multiyear lows in 2009/10.

World coconut oil up 15% from a year ago. Production in the Philippines is seen increasing by about 30%.

Current prospects point to a recovery of world supplies of sunflowerseed.

Grain production prospects have deteriorated in West Europe and Russia (as a result of hot and dry weather) and in Canada (were it is still excessively wet).

In the USA plantings of corn and wheat will have to increase for the crops produced in 2011. This will be at the expense of soybeans and requires a change in relative prices.

The Argentine wheat crop is jeopardized by very dry conditions in several important growing areas which is likely to prevent completion of wheat planting intentions.

Soil moisture supplies are favorable and partly excessive in the eastern part of Argentina but poor in La Pampa and southern Cordoba. There is concern that La Niña will result in drier than usual conditions in some agricultural areas of Argentina in Aug/Dec 2010. "

Yes it is a world market now.  Watched the new notill video on grain shipping and it ties right in with these notes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShippingOutSeries

Senior, all those charts and tables you use confuse my poor brain but these written notes really strike home.

Thanks for all you do.

Ed

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)