AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed signs and field appearance?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 7/25/2010 09:48 (#1287274 - in reply to #1287088)
Subject: Re: Seed signs and field appearance?

East Central Arkansas
Hey Von it all looks good to me. I just wish I could do that good of job maintaining mine. I have been trying to get grass growing back on some of my roads but I am really having a time with the broadleafs. I had one stretch of road on our place bordering a neighbor that we were doing a good job with but their custom applicators decided to spray my road all three times they have sprayed this year. I had a good stand on clover on a good bit of it and they hit it with 2-4-D and glyphosate early and then when they sprayed glyphosate on their beans they must have put a metolachlor product out as well. What bermuda grass I have there has survived put in the areas I had other grass I now have a lot of broadleaves started. The big problem we have here is that with irrigation our field roads see a lot of traffic. We do use 4 wheelers now instead of trucks and that has helped quiet a bit. We do have most of the roads we have to travel while irrigating built up and designed to where they don't get wet and muddy during irrigation and we try to stay off the ones that do get wet. I am amused by those that don't need and can't afford to lose the ground a good road takes but they don't mind using your road to get to the back side of their field to check their irrigation water. You would think they would slow down some to keep from tearing your road up or take the time to tell people they have working for them not to spray a area that their neighbor has been keeping mowed. Oh well it's just minor every day problems compared to what some have to deal with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)