AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Medical bill settlement with insurance co. question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

judythe
Posted 7/17/2010 00:04 (#1276499 - in reply to #1276223)
Subject: Re: Medical bill settlement with insurance co. question

Mechanicville, NY
When dealing with a foreign patient American hospitals will deal directly with the patient. I live on the Canadian border and never in 50 years have I heard of doing anything else. They will not deal with or submit to your insurance.

The American hospital billing department should have waited at least 30 days after billing you to call you about the money owed. That is the law in most places.

Although it took several months for your insurance company to obtain all of the correct documentation to be able to pay the bills it really was not a long time. There were two countries and individual billing systems involved for each provider. Every insurance company has a limit as to how long it will accept a bill for an illness/injury after the service has been provided. If the anesthesiololgist didn't provide a bill to your insurance company in a timely manner the insurance company will legitimately turn them down and say no we won't pay it. The AT will then likely try bill you directly to get the money. You do NOT have to pay it. I would submit the bill to your insurance company with a note and see what they say about paying it. The decision to pay or not is up to them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)