AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will a trimble 252 simulate radar??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/15/2007 07:12 (#120101 - in reply to #120000)
Subject: RE: Will a trimble 252 simulate radar & EZG 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don - It appears that in many cases the Sky Speed would be connected to Port B of of a 252? This would require either the Trimble Deutsch to 9 Pin cable or its equivalent. I also assume that Port B would need to be configured properly via Ag Remote or its equivalent on a 252.

I'm just thinking ahead to - if and when my replacement radar dies. In my case (with a 332), would I need the Trimble generic data cable to Port B as the Port A connection is dedicated to the Autopilot?

Yours is probably setup differently due to your RTK setup.

I did get a chance to hold and play with an EZ-Gude 500 yesterday. This was the Company Rep's demo unit that we have for a Trade Show. It appears to have a 9 Pin connector on the back which may be for GPS out from the internal GPS. The menu structure seems to indicate support for NEMA GPS out since the screen had all the usual choices for messages etc. I don't know about simulated radar out with the 500.

An earlier thread indicated that External GPS In will be supported later. The EZ-Guide+ did support simulated radar out and External GPS In.

I have been told that some will be shipped March 15 so some folks might start seeing actual deliveries next week.

Edited by tedbear 3/15/2007 07:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)