AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATV- GPS reciever mounting bracket?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nefarmer
Posted 7/5/2010 23:53 (#1262077 - in reply to #1261601)
Subject: Re: ATV- GPS reciever mounting bracket?

NC Nebraska
I've done it a couple times now and just made it all from scratch for marking borders (or in my case a couple weeks ago figuring out how many acres of water holes I had on a couple fields for ins. purposes). I have a wooden box on the back of my 4 wheeler so i mounted a piece of pipe up off of that with a forward support, it's probably a foot above my head when sitting on the atv. I had an extra reciever bracket from a past combine so I robbed the support off of that and welded it to the pipe. With the 2600 I just drilled a hole in the front rack and used the deere bracket to hold it. I also wrapped a clear plastic bag over it to keep it half way clean. Now the wiring harness between the two came from our ATU we swap around between a tractor and windrower. That gave me everything I needed less a power source. My deere precision guy gave me a harness that plugged into the ATU harness with battery clips but he suggested I use a regular automotive battery for power instead of the ATV's so I just threw in a 2nd battery in my wooden box. Everything works pretty slick but I never unhook the battery clips until I'm done for the day since there is no proper shutdown therefore losing signal. Hope this helps-wish I had some pictures to show you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)