AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hesston 7434 Baler Pressure Prob???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deere101
Posted 6/29/2010 22:46 (#1255232)
Subject: Hesston 7434 Baler Pressure Prob???

Merrill, WI
Here is an overview of what is going on with our big square baler. Baling 10-15 percent Timothy/Alfalfa hay and running at max load 285 and pressure is only getting anywhere from 900-1400 psi. The actual load of baler is running anywhere from 240 to 290. The bales seem tight but the density is not there. Last fall baling the same kind of stuff was running same load and pressure anywhere from 2200 to 2500 psi. My brother is running our other baler a MF 2170 3x4 and he is running at 285 load and getting 2200-2600 psi and very stought bales.

Our dealer has put in a new Computer control Box that did not cure the problem, Increase and decrease solonoids test out good. The stuffer sensor is working and when we bale we are getting One/One ratio with stuffer and plunger strokes or 2 to 1. We can increase pressure and hold it in manual and decrease it in manual. When doing a pressure test by keeping the stuffer door open it will increase and keep increasing. But when baling it will not. The timing is right on for my stuffer and that has not changed from last year. My load arms are reading in the hertz that they say they should be running anywhere from 70000-74000 hz and mine are 72800 and other arm is 73400 hz. We are getting two new load arms tomorrow to see if anyone of them are malfunctioning even though hz readings are fine.

I guess what I am trying to ask is if anyone has had this problem and if so what do you suggest we look into. We have lots of hay layin and need to get this second baler going. Any help would be great. Thank you. Matt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)