AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starter high tunnel.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 6/14/2010 00:00 (#1236319 - in reply to #1236297)
Subject: Re: Starter high tunnel.

For this fall? Going to try some greens, lettuce, spinach, Arugula, etc, etc. I have some Tomato's in tubs, will probably move those in their as soon as practicable. Wouldn't mind doing a house of Strawberries. University of MO has some good info on that. For next year? I'd like to do some real early season greens and tomatoes. As far as market? We have some good farmers markets locally, and I have a little bit of an "in" with a couple of local restaurants. Interested to know what they need, and what I could provide. As far as I know, the market there is totally wide open. Local farmers market opens at 8, and is usually sold out by 10. Plan on talking to University Extension about varieties, etc. They've been doing a lot of research, it looks like, might as well use it. We have a corner up on a local highway. Thought about setting up an on your honor stand, or putting up a sign, if it gets to that point. That might be a couple years out, though. For now, I want to have some fun with it, and learn. No doubt, I could, can, and will, make more expensive mistakes if this turns into a dead end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)