AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would drainage tile work in Alberta?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/12/2010 11:17 (#1234183 - in reply to #1234063)
Subject: Re: Would drainage tile work in Alberta?

southern MN
Yup, sock is a fabric filtering deal over the plastic tile. Just a big tube of woven fabric put over the tile to filter out small particles. Some places need it; the day they installed the tile yellow cloudy water came out my new tile; since then it runs cold & very clear so something we don't need, even tho this is fine yellow clay around here.

I've got situations like Von below, where the water comes out of the tile into the field in heavy rain situations.

'Here' I have a county ditch running through the middle of my low farm, dad put in proivate tile, and neighbors hooked onto those after they were in for pretty cheap cost; now they tile out their whole farms into my overloaded tile mains, and so I need to wait for their uphill water to drain away befor my lower ground will drain out. Tile mains are full.

Good neighbors, good people, just - human nature, "well my water goes away so what's the problem," you know? :) One neighbor actually talked about upgrading a main, helping pay. Cool. But, that's part of the phone company mess which I mentioned around here a month ago.....

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)