AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting absolutely pounded right now, again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

southernmnman
Posted 6/11/2010 09:20 (#1232882 - in reply to #1232829)
Subject: Re: getting absolutely pounded right now, again

South central Minnesota
I have been fortunate in getting the bulk of my first pass post spraying done but quite a few around here are still trying to get the corn sprayed for the first time and even though the crop looks great so do the weeds. also been tough on the sidedressing for those that still do it,I got caught a couple of times over the years and decided that was enough and changed my program. I would rather have this then the too dry I dealt with last year. This isn't a disaster in the making but is very trying to those who sit and wait to get something done, very tough on those who are waiting for the commercial applicator to come and spray for them. A lot of good looking crops out there but the corn on corn is very uneven, looked great early but the frost set it back and some fields(not all) have corn thats 4-5" tall to knee high a few feet apart, some a few inches apart, that stuff has good color but still looks ugly. This is all minor compared to still trying to plant and I wish those guys well and a change in weather for the better,as we all can say been there done that and those years are a fading bad memory.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)