AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More scenery PICS Northern Idaho
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NIF
Posted 6/10/2010 19:37 (#1232057)
Subject: More scenery PICS Northern Idaho

Northern Idaho
Hello all, since my first batch of scenery and crop pics were well liked I thought I would post up a bunch more scenery ones I have taken over the past several years around the farm located in north central Idaho about 40 miles east and south from Moscow. All these were taken on or near the farm except a few which I mention different locations. Feel free to ask questions, I explained a bit about the crops in the other thread.

Sorry if it doesnt load fast, if you have slower internet hit reload a couple times and all the pics should show up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You may have noticed big power lines in some of my pics before. They come from the Dworshak Dam just seven miles southeast of some of our farm ground. The dam is 700ft high and produces hydroelectric power as well as flood control. It forms a 54 mile long lake on the north fork of the Clearwater just east a few miles east of the area where we farm. The dam was completed in 1973.

The lines are run up out of the canyon, up 2000ft elevation to a neighbors field to this substation. The power lines then head west over some of our ground to tie into the rest of the BPA power from the dams on the Snake and Columbia rivers.

The Grande Ronde river near the WA, ID, and OR border. I help some friends with spring branding of cattle every year down in this dry canyon.

These next four pics were taken in the Palouse near Moscow, ID. The first two in the fall and the next two in the spring showing the pattern of winter wheat and spring cropped fields.

The field of green seen across the canyon behind the barn is ours, it is about a mile away but the road goes around at least 6 miles to get there because of a 1200ft deep canyon.

Looking at one of our fields which slopes into the Clearwater river canyon, this spot is 2700ft elevation and the small town of Peck seen in the pic is 900ft elevation.

Looking into the canyon at the nearest town, Orofino which sits 2000ft elevation down from the spot I took this pic which was right at the edge of a neighbors field.

Shown is a barbed wire fence in the pasture 1/4 mile behind our place snow went right over the top wire in 07-08 and 08-09 in fact this pic was taken in March 09 two months after the deepest snow.

This next pic was taken from the top of the yellow field of canola in the previous pic

Next four are from the top of Teakean Butte seen in previous pics.

First one is looking east towards the endless woods than go over 100 miles to Montana.

Next one is looking north

The next two face south from the butte, my area is at the base of the mountain, and the camas prairie can be seen in the distance, the first pic is looking towards Nezperce and Grangeville Idaho the second pic looks toward Craigmont, Winchester, and Gifford.

The camas prairie near Grangeville is relatively flat compared to the Palouse and the rest of northern Idaho, big open fields and not many hillside combines down there.

Enjoy! Questions/comments welcome

Edited by NIF 1/13/2013 18:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)