AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader insight as lightbar?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/9/2007 07:51 (#117099 - in reply to #116905)
Subject: Re: Agleader insight as lightbar?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Insight can work with at least some of the older Trimble lightbars.

We have a customer who traded in his PF Advantage that had been the interface to his lightbar (21A, I think). This lightbar will interface with the Insight also (required a cable change due to the 15 pin vs 9 pin GPS connection). In somewhat the same fashion as with the Advantage, he is able to pick his swath options, set the A and B point etc. through an additional screen on the Insight.

As Weedsqueezer points out, these might be available on the secondary market. Weedsqueezer - I think that some of the other lightbars that you mention could work also. I believe they behave in the "Dumb mode" which means they behave pretty much like the older models.

I personally use the Insight on my sprayer and have the second port of my GPS feed a Raven lightbar. The two systems are independent (just share a common GPS source) but the information that they each provide is complimentary. On the sprayer (no autopilot here), I use the Raven lightbar to "get on the right row" and comfirm the correct location by observing the Insight in the coverage map view.

I got into this combination of equipment since I had the Raven Lightbar already when I got into the Insight. I think that I would be unhappy giving up my Raven Lightbar and using some different type of display for the guidance.

Edited by tedbear 3/9/2007 07:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)