AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Telephone Calls For Parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 6/7/2010 08:11 (#1227557)
Subject: Telephone Calls For Parts

Does anyone else had problems with their dealer's parts people not taking phone calls or returning calls in a timely manner? I bent a tension spring rod on my JD round baler Friday afternoon late, that I didn't know I bent when I quit baling that evening. Went to service baler next morning (Saturday) and notice it. Iwent to the to the house and look the parts I needed online and got the parts numbers. Call my local JD dealer to check if they had the parts and got put on hold. A person at the dealership came back and ask who I was holding for, I said parts. She said they were cover up with customers, and could not answer the phone calls. So I gave her the part numbers I needed and my phone number for them to call back with. Thirty minutes later I call back to check on the parts and she answer the phone and told me they (parts) was too busy with counter customers to answer calls. That made me mad, so I said maybe I should get rid of that JD baler and buy a Hesston or Vermeer baler. She was kind of hateful, I told her I needed to know if they had the parts, if they didn't I look else where, for I didn't want to drive there for nothing. After that I call another dealer a little farther from me, but not by much. They (parts) answer the phone in a timely manner, I wasn't put on hold to long. the part person told me they didn't had the part (the rod), but look to see who did. He found one at another dealer and gave their phone number. I call them to make sure they had the part and find where they were located. They were 3 1/2 hours from me, I want the part so I could get back up and running again, for I had alot hay on the ground. I spent Saturday on the road going after parts. I like John Deere balers, going to keep it, but if I need parts I like to find out before I make the drive to the dealership for them. The local dealership did call back 3 hours later. They need too take calls as they came in, if busy by writing a time on the notes given to the parts people, wait on them as they come in, in between walk in customers. Deere got the parts online, so people call lookup parts themself, get the part numbers, and give it to them to check on. I did that, so they was't wasting time looking up the part, just looking to see if they had it. The other two dealers gave good service. This dealer needs help in this area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)