AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Satellite TV Machinery-Stupid Direct TV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redgreenandrust
Posted 6/6/2010 20:00 (#1226931 - in reply to #1226881)
Subject: Re: Satellite TV Machinery-Stupid Direct TV

thumb of michigan
is it a round dish or oval? if it is an oval multi sat dish she may need a downconvertor installed just before the tv box. some of the signals on the newer ku band sats need this. another problem could be with a cable splitter or connector. these need to be able to pass the correct frequencies in and voltage out to the dish and once again with the higher band ones it may not pass them. a third thing to look for is if they are also feeding a signal from an antenna tower on the same cable it will cause problems with some channels too. finally it may be the receiver. some of the older ones just can't get all of the channels due to the addition of newer satellites. the one in my shop does not get all of the channels the one in the house gets, especially the high def ones.
if it is the basic round oval dish some of the channels are not able to be received on them and it must be upgraded to the multi sat dish. possibly what is going on is that the landlord does not have a separate subscription for the apartment and does not want to rock the boat with direct.
i would not have dish again if the pr!cks gave it to me for free. i bought a unit that had the built in dvr in it and they would not turn it on. told me only new customers could have that unit. i had them for 3 years, paid cash for the unit, not leased it, and would be paying the $4.99 a month fee and they jerkoffs still would not turn it on. it did get "turned on" for a year or so.............. but i digress. i have had direct ever since. with the multidish i rarely get rain fade, maybe twice a year for 2 or 3 minutes. you do need a clear view as the water in leaves absorbs the signal and will really cause problems. same thing happens with snow in the dish or ice on the feedhorn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)