AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need a little help choosing a tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/6/2010 10:58 (#1226408 - in reply to #1226351)
Subject: RE: need a little help choosing a tractor

central - east central Minnesota -

Not a Farmer - IL - 6/6/2010 09:02 I have a situation that i need a little help with. My wife's grandfather(and a dear friend to me) is wanting to buy a tractor. He currently uses an old Case 600 gas burner. Every time he wants to do anything with this tractor, it seems he needs to work on it at some point. Yesterday, he tells me he wants to buy a tractor that he can go out, start it right up, do his task, and put it away for the next time without "wrenching". (regular maintenance still applies of course, and we all know they all break!) Other than that, his only requirements are 3 point hitch, and hydraulics. The tractor will primarily be used for using a bush-hog type rotary cutter, plowing the garden, disking the garden, maybe running a blade or box blade on occasion. He says he prefers a gas tractor, but will probably accept a diesel if everything else is right. I'm thinking 40 - 50 HP or so, no front end loader, as he has a backhoe as well. I'm more into antique tractors, so I need some help pointing him at a good prospect, just a decent reliable tractor. He tells me he'd like to spend about $5000, but he admitted he has no idea how much it will take to buy this. Money is not really a problem, so he's willing to spend more if it means a better unit. So I'm needing help in suggesting what brand/model we need to look for. Thanks for reading and thanks for any help you may offer. This forum is a great resource, keep it up everyone!

That $5000 would go along way to rebuilding/restoring a Case 600 . . .  . could be an option?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)