AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traverse - Acadia - type of SUV's info
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/30/2010 15:40 (#1218774 - in reply to #1218679)
Subject: RE: Traverse - Acadia - type of SUV's info

Driftless SW Wisconsin

We recently purchased a new GMC Acadia to replace a Ford Windstar.

The Acadia is a very nice vehicle and so far so good. I like the big tires and AWD. Lots of bells and whistles I usually don't buy but were standard and I guess the wife deserves a few bells and whistles after being married to me for quite a few years.

One choice to make is whether it has the trailer/tow package or not.  I drove several different Acadias at different dealerships and feel the ones with the trailer package rode noticebly stiffer than the ones without the trailer package.

This is a vehicle with a good safety rating and something you can take on the highway cross country. It is not a lightweight econobox. The mileage is not bad but not like the lighter, narrower vehicles that I test drove before buying the Acadia.

These have been out just a few years and I think there have been a lot of updates. This may be why the differences in the reviews which I bet are mostly the first year or two they were out.

I would be careful and buy a new or last years' model at the earliest. jmho. Jim at Dawn 

Edited by Jim 5/30/2010 15:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)