AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1990ccs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GoldenLeaf
Posted 5/30/2010 08:59 (#1218455 - in reply to #1218451)
Subject: Re: 1990ccs?

Eastern NC
There is a single drive wheel that raises and lowers with the opener gangs to drive the seed meters. Swath control can also turn the disconnect clutches on or off if it is used with these drills. I have heard a lot of people say that they do not see a difference in the time that it takes the seed to get from the tank to the far outside rows but with ours there is a noticeable difference and it is only a 30 footer. Can't say about the tank leaking because we try to put it under the shelter as much as possible when rain strikes. Ours got wet pretty good Friday night so we will find out soon. If you are contemplating a purchase I would like to tell you that this thing is simply a fancy grain drill, nothing more. If you are happy with the uneven spacing and frustrations that go along with changing seed sizes that typicaly go along with a drill then you will be happy with the 1990. I really think that a 1790 split row would do a better job but I think it would be more awkward to fold and move between some of our smaller fields. There is not much difference in price if you remove the row markers from the 1790.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)