AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do I get a 22' wide mounted planter through a 16' door?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tim4870
Posted 5/25/2010 11:49 (#1213333)
Subject: How do I get a 22' wide mounted planter through a 16' door?

Southern MN
I have a White 6700 12 row planter. This is a 3pt mounted planter, verticle fold, and has rear lift assist wheels. Widest shed door I have is 16' and the book indicates the transport width of the planter is a little greater than 22'. I knew this when I bought the planter this year, knew I would eventually have to deal with this problem.

Making the doorway wider is currently not an option. Doorway height is sufficient.

The rear lift assist wheels are spaced 10 feet apart and swivel 360 degrees. My thought is to mount 1 or 2 wheels to the front of the planter where the 3 point would normally hook up. With wheels in the front and back, I would think I could then pull from the end with a chain wrapped around something solid like the main toolbar. I'm not sure if I would pull it with the wings folded up or down. I'm not pulling it very far, just 60' in and out of the shed.

Has anyone else had to do something like this? What problems am I going to encounter that I haven't thought about.

A retired farmer would store it in his shed for $600/yr, but I figure for that amount I can buy some metal and wheels and store it in the shed I have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)