AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7000 planter depth gauge wheels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

huskerdrylander
Posted 5/25/2010 02:31 (#1213059)
Subject: 7000 planter depth gauge wheels

7000 planter
8130 tractor
Sure Fire Hydrualic drive, precision finger meters
The problem i have with the planter is that the depth guage wheel stop. The stop actually gets stuck in the full up position and gets stuck as if a depth guage wheel is going over a high spot. But it doesnt come back to level and the gauge wheel then hits it because its cocked which allows the gauge wheel to hit it and keeps the gauge wheel from running in its correct position. This will allow the row unit to run really shallow. I can see a row running shallow and get off and simply let the stop go to normal. I checked on a neighbors planter and he had different style of depth control stops on his planter. I am younger, self starting farmer, and have my fair of challenges. This site is great and this my first post. The majority of you guys do such a great job of helping each other out. Last questio? Im planting700 to 1000acres of corn per year with this old planter in mosty wheat stubble. Should I trade up to a 1760? I currenty run a commercial spraying business while planting my corn. So its like a normal farmer planting 2000 with that old planter. Thanks ahead for you comments and time!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)