AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

?? on Gates Magnum Coulter (Smoothlander/Anyone)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 5/24/2010 00:54 (#1211930 - in reply to #1211874)
Subject: Re: ?? on Gates Magnum Coulter (Smoothlander/Anyone)

NE SD

LOL....I'd rather dig mud out of them in the fall anyday than sit here and look at wet fields like we've done for the last month. I didn't get to run the combine much as I am designated grain cart driver but on some days when we were caught up to the dryer with the other machine I went and rode with dad and ran it a little bit on beans. It was amazing what that thing would crawl through. You could basically have it down to where the combine wasn't moving at all and it would still walk it's way through. I know what you mean about freezing mud. We finished combining beans on about the 7th of December and dad parked the combine shortly after he had fallen through the ice into some mud and it sat for 10 days. I suggested at the time that he move the combine after letting it sit for a half hour but he didn't think it would be an issue. Mean time he had knee surgery and the picture below was what we ended up doing to it before I could use it to pick corn again.

We bought a Deere finisher. It's a field cultivator with a disk gang on the front of it. Leaves the field like a pool table without having to run deep. The bad part about a supercoulter or even a disk is that they don't cary enough dirt to really do a good job leveling ground.

(IMG_0696.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0696.jpg (67KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)