AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WARNING to White planter owners!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tiny42ND
Posted 5/21/2010 00:47 (#1208047)
Subject: WARNING to White planter owners!!!

Well our new to us 6100 White planter has given us a couple problems this year. One of the blower motors seized up just ahead of the start of our rain spell (2 weeks or so, off and on). No problem. Replaced motor and wait the weather out. Now planting last night with increased vigor because of the calendar. I had planted MAYBE 80 acres and notice some hyd oil on the outside of the blower fan shroud when I was moving seed around between the boxes to make the headland. Upon further inspection what had happened was the seal on the NEW blower motor crapped out and dumped ALOT of hydraulic fluid into the main supply trunk for the air. Then the blower fans proceeded to push the oil throughout 16 of the 24 seed meters until those affected row units were covered in oil. I had oil running out the bottom of the seed plates. yea.

We packed up for the shop, and started to dismantle everything. We took every bolt/screw/brush/etc. from all row units, laid them out on the ground and pressure washed everything off. Took all the main trunking for the blowers off and washed them out as well. Absolutely ripping this planter down to the toolbar and some skeleton row units was something I would have rather not needed to do but, we sure got up close and personal with our planter. We had it together and planting by 7 o'clock tonight. I hope we are done with any unexpected delays! So, please be careful and alert!! Good luck!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)