AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polaris Moving Wisconsin Plant to Mexico
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 5/22/2010 20:19 (#1210177 - in reply to #1209263)
Subject: RE: Jon and Plowboy,,, Did both of you also fail to read all my posts ??

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Here read this one (perhaps you missed it??)

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=168034&mid=1208370#M1208370

Read down toward the bottom...   I believe I clearly indicated "protectionism" doesn't always have the intended result.

And,, "For every intended action there is a equal unintended opposite reaction."  

Yes, we do live in a global economy and compete in a global economy.  "They buy what I make and I gladly buy what they make, it's fair trade, just that simple."  There is the difference,,, "they buy what You make if THEY can not find your product any cheaper in another country.  Whereas,,, "I gladly buy what they make" which means, You *all of us actually*  often have NO choice, we HAVE to buy the krappy made foreign part because it is NOT available here period.  (currently Russia with a whole different system, is already undercutting the price you are paid for wheat.  Once they get their infrastructure figured out none of us will be exporting wheat any more..)

The point I was making and started making from my very first post was Customers can impact the Seller of goods. (don't think so?,, try putting a bunch of chaff etc. in that wheat and trying to export it..)  There by if customers don't want the company to leave the country and stop buying the Company's product and tell the company why, the company will change it's marketing/production operations.

And,, as I pointed out with the "tires" post there is always an untended result when expecting the Government to "fix everything".    The tire "fix" was import tarriffs to keep foreign tires out (at least making them unattractive with tarriffs included),,,  and Made in USA Tires went up in price. (totally unintended consequence)   However,, IF everyone would have simply NOT bought the Cheap import tires,, the Local markets (USA) would not have raised their prices as high as they have.

Same concept,,,   which will be cheaper for health insurance in the future ??  market driven insurance or,,,   Government mandated insurance ???  The problem is The Government has ruled everyone WILL BUY INSURANCE,,  You really think the private insurance industry is going to reduce the price ??     I am not trying to sidetrack the issue to the health insurance,, just showing the "UNINTENDED Consequences" angle.. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)