AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding cadet to roundup as a pre-emerge/emerging burndown for soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 5/13/2010 08:35 (#1197464 - in reply to #1197130)
Subject: Re: Thanks for the input guys

It seems like pre-emerge in corn is a no brainer and almost makes it not matter what herbicide I use as long there are no special weed issues. However, probably due to chasing pigs around a lot lately, I really hadn't thought the pre-emerge bean plan completely through. I could have had the sprayer sitting at the field so I could use it as soon as I finished, but this time of year finishing just seconds before a rain is pretty common. Since beans can sprout really quickly, it looks more like I'd have to be 'lucky' for it to work out (or have someone else that can run the sprayer while I plant or vice versa).

For this year I can deal with a couple of no-til fields, maybe some pursuit or firstrate with the glyphosate. If it gets warm enough a higher rate of glyphosate would work pretty well by itself. The way it's raining right now the beans might be at the 3rd trif. by the time it's dry enough to spray anyway. Two pass roundup should work fine for the conventional tillage fields with cadet in the 2nd pass.

Thanks again,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)