AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 295 planter units
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 5/10/2010 21:47 (#1193462)
Subject: CIH 295 planter units

Floyd County, Iowa
I bought a couple of CIH 295 planter units to make a 2 row sweetcorn planter, and to use for REALLY SMALL replanting situations, if needed. These units drive off the closing wheel. Got it all put together and mounted to a toolbar for 3 point. Works great for sweet corn. I put a handfull of field corn in one of the boxes and let it down on the driveway gravel and pulled it about 10 feet. Spacing seems to be about 6 inches, so am guessing about 33000 population.
Does anybody out there have an old operator's manual for these units? I'd like to know what the population would be with the various sprocket combinations. Right now I have the red 24 cell corn disks in it, am driving with the 2nd from biggest sprocket, and the smallest in the driven position. There are a total 5 sprockets for each unit, so there's quite a few combinations.
Local dealer doesn't have a manual for these old dinosaurs. They're just handy for this application.
It was a mounted 8 row wide with interplants that the guy was selling as parts planter. Could have bought the whole thing for $700, but I've got enough old stuff sitting around already.
Thanks in advance.
oldbones
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)