AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rainy day..........mouse hunt story....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bincitybandit
Posted 5/10/2010 21:44 (#1193451)
Subject: Rainy day..........mouse hunt story....

North Dakota
We have mid 90's Chevy S-10 that is the "farm run-around vehicle". Gets good gas mileage, employees (and myself) like to abuse it. We left it sit in a wheat field ALL winter (that's how much we care about it) after we finished harvesting. Needless to say..........major mouse infestation when I retrieved it last week. As I was I driving it home, with the windows down because of the horrible stench, two mice ran across the floor and up under the dash much to my discomfort. This weekend I blew in it with the blow gun for two hours................blew out two dead mice from the vents. Then lifted it nearly on its side with the Bobcat, and pressure washed the entire inside of the pick up. After letting it dry for a couple days, found mouse turds as expected. Put a glue trap in to catch the culprit. The mouse/mice chewed the entire border off of the glue trap. Placed a mechanical trap with Easy Cheese on it, went back two hours later..........Easy Cheese was gone, trap had snapped, blood remained, but no mouse. Reloaded trap with Easy Cheese and this time placed a glue trap right in front of the mechanical trap. Went back two hours later, Easy Cheese gone...........................and so is the the glue trap! Seriously, I can't find it anywhere!

Now, I've gotten more elaborate............placed 5 gallon pails filled with water on either side of the pick-up with a plywood plank ramp and a woodshim acting as a teeter-totter on the end and left a trail of Easy Cheese along the way.

Gosh................I hope the rain stops.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)