AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9400 front window squeaking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lil' Hoss
Posted 5/10/2010 19:04 (#1193162 - in reply to #1193001)
Subject: Re: JD 9400 front window squeaking

NESD
This subject has been brought up several times, Do a search for window sqeek.

The following is what I posted in one thread and what I have done to numerous customers sprayers to stop the squeek.

The squeek is coming from either of two areas, one being the window has shifted to one side or the other and is contacting the cab post and when the window moves it squeeks or klunks, can be very hard to pin point, the other spot and the most likely is the channel at the bottom of the window that it rests in, remove the sheetmetal trim so the you can access the channel, it is held on with 3 or 4 screws, remove one at a time and lay a peice or 3M trim tape part number 6383 into the corner of the length of the channel, do not remove the orange sheath from the tape and reinstall the channel, there are three channels but the middle one is not accessable so put the tape on the outer ones, this serves as a shim to tighten the window and the sheath is very slippery so the window won't squeek when it does shift. then remove the clamp plates one at a time from the side posts that hold the window in place, make sure the window is centered in the window opening before going any further, now apply the trim tape to both sides of the plastic piece that is between the metal clamp and the window, do this to all clamps, this will keep the window from shifting again. you can slip a piece of the trim tape behind the top clamps by pushing in on the window,

I have done this to numerous customers sprayers and have not heard a complaint from anyone since.

The part number that I listed for the trim tape is a large roll and it is expensive, I have seen the same tape in smaller rolls at some auto parts stores such as Advance Auto, O'reillys,Etc.

Good Luck, I hope this helps
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)