AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Capreno Herbicde
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

twinrowboy
Posted 5/7/2010 14:35 (#1189126)
Subject: Capreno Herbicde

E.C. MI
I am planning on running Capreno for my corn herb. on most my acres this year, already put Lexar down on my other acres. I liked the idea of better crop safety, and skipping the burndown before planting and not handling so much product with Capreno. Capreno will be used on my no till acres, and they were pretty clean when I planted, but now I'm getting quite a few dandelions and a few patches of thistle and some patches of grass starting to show..and of course small annuals such as ragweed, lambsquarter, and velvetleaf are sprouting and coming up. I plant all round-up ready corn. I'm getting nervous about Capreno taking out those dandelions as they are getting bigger day by day, and the corn isn't doing much growing (just spiking through and 50 degrees today). Dealer is encouraging me to run some Atrazine and Round up with it. Not having any experience, I am looking for advice as to how well it will kill dandelion, what to add to make it better, and how soon I can apply, dealer said have to wait till corn is 4" tall. Now wishing I would have put a burndown preplant and posted with Lexar like I use to do on my no- till acres. Another question...I also have a couple fields where I had a red clover cover crop last year which was killed in the fall with R-up, 2-4D and Autumn, but now I am getting some regrowth, will Capreno take that clover out? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)