AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Syngenta
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Nebraska
Posted 5/6/2010 13:48 (#1187756 - in reply to #1187627)
Subject: RE: Syngenta

NE Nebraska
Syngenta has over 19,000 employees world wide and I beleive it is a Swiss owned company.
In my area they have a couple of soybeans that do well, even though they are much older varieties. There corn is not very competative for this area, but they do have some racehorse hybrids that show up once in a while in the plots.

As far as the seed division, the local employees tell me that they are very unorganized and can be very frustrating to work for. Last year one employee told me they had their best chemical year ever and they still didn't receive a bonus.

In 2004 NK (Syngenta's seed brand) had 14% of the corn's market share in the US. Since then they added the Golden Harvest and Garst brands to their lineup, and in 2009 the corn market share for all three brands was only 7%. That is a pretty good sign of their corn performance to me.

This is the opinion I have of them, and I have plenty of experience in dealing with Syngenta in the past. Good company that has a lot of very strong competition.

Edited by Nebraska 5/6/2010 13:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)