AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stainless tank value?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 5/5/2010 21:21 (#1187052)
Subject: Stainless tank value?

Embarrass WI

The post below about stainless nurse trailer got me to thinking. I have a 5500 gallon stainless milk tank that came off a truck, it was originally used for farm pickup of milk. It is a 1977 year model. This is one of the tanks that has a fiberglass shell instead of stainless. I got it 8 or 10 years ago, I bought a milk truck and took the tank off and put a silage box on it.

I was going to use it for liquid fertilizer storage, but as it turns out I won't need it for that. Couple weeks ago I had a traveling tank reseller stop in and try to buy it. First offer was $2000, then a few days later he called and offered $3000, Monday he called and offered $4000. I thought it should be worth $1/gallon but I just grabbed that number out of the air with no logical reason.

Question is, what is it actually worth? Realizing that the guy who has connections should be able to trade on them, I don't have a real problem with him making 10% or so off me. I would like to sell it, but I want to get close to it's actual value.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)