AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Micronutrient rates in furrow?- Based off tissue tests.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mafrif
Posted 5/3/2010 00:17 (#1183933)
Subject: Micronutrient rates in furrow?- Based off tissue tests.

NC Iowa
I have been researching micros for a while. I tissue tested four separate times in two locations in one field of corn last year. One location is high PH (40% of field), around 7.8, the other is low Ph (30% of field), around 5.5. With the information I was hoping to come up with a custom blend of micros for this years soybean crop.

Products I will most likely be using. They are Farmers brand liquid micros from Titan Pro. All of them come in 5 gallon buckets.
What exactly do these numbers mean?
Iron 4.5%. 7.1% as FE2O3
Manganese 5.0%. 6.45% as MNO
Boron 10% Boric Acid
Zinc 9.0%. 11.2% as Zno

Three of the four tissue tests were pretty similar, my last test was taken August 7 and came up with very different numbers as the past three. Every micro, macro nutrient raised by quite a bit, going from Deficient on many of them to high/ excessive. I am guessing I throw this test out as not reliable. It was starting to get very dry by this time (maybe throwing it off?)

Every micro showed low to deficient at one time except copper.
Boron had the most deficients, followed by zinc, manganese and then Iron.

How much should I apply?
Do tissue tests of corn point me in the right direction as the field will be soybeans this year?
How much can safely be applied?
Is there problems with any of them plugging small orifices? Using an electric pump with #30 orifices.

I'm sure I am missing something but any guidance would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks

Edited by mafrif 5/3/2010 00:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)