AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 1" Carbon Steel NH3 Fast Motor Drive Frequency?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/24/2010 08:11 (#1172229 - in reply to #1171975)
Subject: Re: Raven 1" Carbon Steel NH3 Fast Motor Drive Frequency?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
otc509 - 4/23/2010 22:17

Tru Application Control and NH3 with a Raven 4-wire fast valve. Dickey John valves run at 40hz and 50% on the input filter, having a heck of a time with the Raven 4-wire fast valve finding some settings that will work. I was told by local Raven dealer they run at 122 hz, but I think that is for Raven PWM's.

The 122 refers to a Raven PWM valve such as used with hyd drives etc.

I don't have experience with trying to run the Rave Fast close valve with the Tru Application control.

I have observed the action of a Raven console running in Fast Close mode with the Raven Fast Close valve. Many of our Ravens have a pair of Inc/Dec LEDs that we install. This allows the operator to observe the action of the control circuit.

When Application begins, the valve is opened with a steady diet of 12V until the rate is overshot. Then the console drops in control mode and gives very short shots of 12V to bump the valve slightly closed or open. If the system needs to open the valve slightly, the Raven console may give two or three shots to open the valve followed by a short shot in the opposite direction. This reversal is to "put on the brakes" so to speak so as not to overshoot in the opposite direction.

This results in pretty good control although there can be problems at low rates.

I don't know how this relates to your settings with the Tru Application situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)