AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nar, did you get any rain last night? Looked like that
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 4/22/2010 12:59 (#1170385 - in reply to #1170288)
Subject: Re: Nar, did you get any rain last night? Looked like that

Wyoming
Well I'm glad we didn't get that. All the rain gauges have cracks in them from the winter, guess we need some new ones. Looks like about 4-6/10s I think, I may be underestimating though, it sure is sticky in the fields. I was pulling up a lot of moisture strip tilling already, which was unusual for us. We had to let the planter fall behind a little so it wouldn't stick on the wheels, would have had to wait longer if I hadn't put the schlagel closing wheels on last year, they were working nice with the wetter dirt. Work really good in dry too, I like them all around.

We got done planting our beets 2 days ago, changed the planter to corn and got a small rain that shut us down. Was hoping it would hold off and we could start corn but last night and this morning it's getting wetter. At least this rain should take care of the field that was kinda cloddy, should be nice and wet all around the seed now. Gotta get the chemical delivered and sprayer hooked up soon though, the hay field I stripped is coming back really well now with the rain!

Even with the rain, my thermometer still said it only got to 46 last night. I hope it stays that way, I'd hate to have it get cold again when the beets start coming up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)