AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Biology Presentation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 4/20/2010 00:04 (#1168013 - in reply to #1167997)
Subject: Re: Soil Biology Presentation

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I went to a community college for two years and we never had a boring soils class, then I went to a university which usually lacks on other field of agronomy but is extremly proud of its soil classes, I have no clue what they were proud of, When I got to my upper level and grad soils classes, my profs wondered why another guy and I seemed to have such a better base that my classmates. It was because both of us had attended different schools for intro soils. And as soon as I was asked to give some lectures in the lower level soils classes, it didnt take me long to figure out what the problem was. The soils prof was so proud of the soils classes that he was trying to teach 2nd grade kids algebra and not give them rescess. Even the students that wanted to learn about "boring soils" had given up and didnt care anymore. Your presentation seems very interesting and Im not questioning you just venting about my student days, I just hope that the class is lax enough that every person feels like that can be a part of it, that is the key to any subject like soils or ento ( I never learned a thing in any of my ento classes, not the first second or third time I had to retake both of them ;) ) they were jus too structured
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)