AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

spring bin management 2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SNS in WC IL
Posted 4/15/2010 08:59 (#1163121 - in reply to #1162687)
Subject: Re: spring bin management 2

Ok. After freaking out yesterday, I'm a little less worried today.

I had turned the fan on and was able to get the stir-all going before I posted yesterday. I checked on it after letting it run for 3 hours and it looked like the middle was still in good shape and the edges were still warm, but not near as bad as at first. I dug down on the edges and it felt like there was about of foot worth of wet, warm corn at the very top and it tapered down to be bin wall a little over a foot down. I checked the corn at the ground level access door and it was about like the corn in the center at the top. Very little water vapor was coming out the access door too. Right after I started the fan up, it looked like one of those misters they use on the sidelines at football games.

This morning the sweep had made a full lap and it smelled like corn again. Today is going to be another 80 degree day and looks to be fairly dry humidity-wise. Since it's suppose to cool down to more seasonable temps starting tonight, I plan on running the fan through tonight to get it to the proper temp.

I was already planning on moving it out by the end of the month. I guess I'll move that up to asap...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)