AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Demand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Silver Shoes
Posted 2/24/2007 08:27 (#110121 - in reply to #109976)
Subject: RE: Demand

Seneca Kansas 66538
My thoughts in the back of my head. Not saying we dont have a large grain demand because we do have that, but at the same time did that demand increase that dramatically in one year? I remember 2 falls ago they were paying 1.45 for local corn and no storage. If you hauled to the elevator you had to sell it. Yes there was some bunkers that got filled that year but the same bunkers were filled this last fall. I still believe in the back of my head that the price of commodities are falsely being suspended because of traders in the market and some point and time they will bail and grain prices will fall to more rational levels. Never forget that our grain is sold on a a supply and demand just as any commodity until traders get their hand in it. Traders can be good for our grain or bad also. Right now they are very good for the grains. I just hope they stay good for the grain for along time. I think its just funny how conversations in town about the price of corn has peoples heads turning. Some dont have any concept of what is going on in the agriculture sector nowadays because they have seperated themselves so far from agriculture. Now its really weird when they hear you start talking about the large green backs for grain and their ears and eyes really perk up. All of a sudden they seem to be interested in agriculture, before they didnt give a ruts azz.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)