AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on Sidekick Injection System on planter with a ground drive pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pfarms
Posted 3/25/2010 21:47 (#1136550)
Subject: Question on Sidekick Injection System on planter with a ground drive pump

EC MN - Hour North of 'The Cities'
Looking at setting up a Sidekick for chem injection when spraying pre-emerge with the planter this spring.

We would also like to setup 'boom sections' so we shutoff the spray when we shutoff either the left or right half of the planter on point-rows and overlaps via half-width clutch.

Planter uses a ground drive pump (Lil' Thumper) with a flow monitor in-line to verify the rate applied via a PF Advantage, but would most likely upgrade to an Integra for multiple products.

Plan is to install 2 electric T-valves for each half of planter (1 line going to 'Redballs' and out to the nozzles, and the other line going to the suction side of the pump. Both hoses going to the suction side of the pump would have an orifice that matches the total orifice sizes of 8 nozzles to ensure even distribution when one side is off and the other side is still spraying.

Because I would like to inject the chem and keep just water in my tank on the planter (500 gal), the injection would have to occur after the half-width T-valves. It seems like I would also need 2 T-valves for each half for the injection system to be able to shutoff one half if the 'section' it was injecting into was shutoff as well. If the half was shutoff, then the valve would close and redirect the chemical back into the Sidekick tank (once again using equally sized orifices for each half to ensure the same flow to each half).

This way I should be able to keep my holding tank with just clean water, and the chemical should be either in the Sidekick tank or in the line going to the 'Redballs' and out to the nozzles.

Is this going to work???

Thanks,
Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)