AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback E Drive vs. Autopilot RTK w/ Field Manager
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbled
Posted 2/20/2007 14:54 (#108079 - in reply to #107904)
Subject: Re: Outback E Drive vs. Autopilot RTK w/ Field Manager

It sounds to me like you really want an Autopilot system from Trimble but are having a tough time justifying the cost, and who can blame you. The one option that I see that you can do, that you might not thought of is to use and EZ-Steer utilizing RTK. With an EZ-Steer I am not going to say you can get sub-inch pass to pass accuracy, but with this new lightbar you should be able to keep it within 2 inches. That means you should also have that 2" repeatability. The new lightbar does not currently run EZ-Boom yet but it should by this summer. The EZ-Steer can easily be transfered back and forth between vehicles as well, so you are able to get more out of your investment. The new lightbar is not a high of quality of display as the FieldManager for the Autopilot, so there are some limitations, but the nice thing about Trimble is all of the equipment is interchangeable with all of there systems, so if you go with an EZ-Steer this year, you can upgrade your tractor to Autopilot next year at a minimal cost and still have the EZ-Steer for your other two operations. Just some food for thought. Another question is are your local dealers estabilishing an RTK network in your area or would you have to buy the base station.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)