AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RR crops and phosphorus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 3/22/2010 16:03 (#1131212 - in reply to #1129096)
Subject: RE: RR crops and phosphorus

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
lorenk - 3/21/2010 09:01

Here is the updated study after 2 more years from Ebelhar @ U of IL:
http://frec.cropsci.illinois.edu/2007/report5/

Also I have attached a slide deck that I recieved from a Monsanto DSM regarding RR Soybeans, Roundup, and Mn interacton. I got this straight from Monsanto and have not evaluated it myself, so you should do your own evaluation. It does have a lot of references though, better than most of the stuff I have seen from Monsanto.

( Quote from article ) Results and Discussionnone

( Soil test Mn ranged from 15 to 43 ppm across the locations (Table 1). However, it is interesting to note that the soil Mn level was significantly reduced with the application of lime at both DS and BR even though there was not a lot of reaction time for the lime since it was applied in the spring of 2004. Lime and pH changes may be associated with this effect. In general, liming of the acid soils at DS and BR reduced plant uptake of Mn (Figure 1) which occasionally led to a yield increase (Figure 2). ) End of quote !!!

Soil-Life
This is very good as far as the information provided ! But More Questions do arise as One would have to ask !!!

1. When they say Lime was applied ???? what was the chemistry, composition of the lime ??? Calcium or Magnesium-Dolomite ???

2. If these soils were saturated with Free Salts ? but low in Calcium and a Dolomite Lime Material was Added ??? Then you do ! Or can many times create a situation that Does Tie up Many of the Traces ? and P ( and the availability of Calcium also ! Interfering with the uptake and continued manufacturing of Nitrogen also in some soils. ) Especially Boron and Manganese ! Both critical to soybean and Alfalfa Production.

leaving the

So Until all of the soil chemistry questions are explored ? and the Nutrients applied in the Lime products Identified ??? many Mythical and unfounded Projections can be tossed and turned forever ????? Concerning the info reported at this point from this article !!!

( My Personal Observations also reveal that those farming Operations that depend on Liquid Nitrogen such as 28 and or 32 % and applying Dolomite lime on soils with high clay content, or soils with High PH readings because of High Free Salt content and or High Magnesium Levels Are very dependent on Soybean Inoculation and Higher rates of N being required for any given crop such as Alfalfa, Corn wheat and Soybeans. )

These soils will also Fire, or Flash after an application of a Roundup or Generic brand product much more readily at times ???

John

Edited by soil-life 3/23/2010 09:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)