AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tramlines with Planter clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jburke
Posted 3/20/2010 22:33 (#1128751 - in reply to #1126199)
Subject: RE: Tramlines with Planter clutches

Fort Meade, FL
I use to work at a farm where I had a kinze 16/32, and a 60' sprayer. I did just what your are asking about. The first year I ran the clutches manually. I had an Ag Leader light bar that keep track of the pass number, and I had a clip board holding a paper that told me what position to have the switch in, according to the pass number, depending on what side of the planter was against the boundry when I started the field. This method worked ok but it took a lot to keep track of it. So, for the second year, someone told me about a guy in Virginia that made a controller that would do this automatically. His name is Jim Laferty. His number is 540-752-2616 or 540-847-1987. I bought his controller, he hand delivered it, and set it up ,and it worked wonderfully. I only ran it one year in 2007 before I left that farm but I still do business with that farm and I know that they are still using it. I don't recommend running it manually. You might think you can do it and you can but really it is to much.

Edited by jburke 3/20/2010 22:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)