AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The nitrogen wars are over, pay up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 3/15/2010 10:26 (#1121381 - in reply to #1121318)
Subject: Re: The nitrogen wars are over, pay up

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
Right on Kyle,

I also believe that for the past 40 years K Levels have been so underrated because of a lack of Understanding as quite evident by many of the Post's on this forum.

I suspect, Observe that many farms across the Corn belt suffer from reaching potential Plant health and Maximum, consistent Potential production levels for a lack of adequate K Feeding ???

Plus Adequate ( Sulfate ) and ( manganese ) levels quite Outdated In many cases !!!

Personally, I have to Place some of the blame on the Introduction of Liquid Fertilizer programs that in NO way can Provide these Maximum Levels needed For Maximum Production when Looking at the Potential yield levels available with today's Seed available.

Many seed companies provide potential for much higher yields but many Farmers are fertilizing by Nutrient standards set 20 to 40 years ago so are frustrated with Soybean and Alfalfa production averages over the past 10 to 20 years.

Many also do not consider it prudent to Fertilize adequately for Soybeans and Alfalfa for example, let alone a maximum Corn Crop Consistently !!!

This is Just my Personal opinion and By reading this forum for the past 2 to 3 years and visiting with many across the corn belt find that this opinion has some Merritt in many soil types and in many areas of the Corn belt.

Bill, Hay Wilson has Learned the hard way over many Years that he has had to Ignore Many of the standards set by Many soil labs and University's To Find his own way as Many High Production Oriented Farm operations have the past 30 years or so !!!

I would venture to say that ( P), No doubt one very Critical Nutrients ! has Been WAY Over emphasized and K, Sulfate, Manganese, Boron and other Nutrients have been WAY ( Undersold ) and Misunderstood ?

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)