AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

College Assistance Needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

canadian farmer
Posted 3/12/2010 13:59 (#1117153 - in reply to #1117136)
Subject: RE: College Assistance Needed

I haven't studied at ISU, but I have worked with their Department of Ag and Biosystems Engineering quite a bit for my M.Sc (I did my undergrad studies at McGill University, and I am in the process of finishing my M.Sc. also at McGill, in Canada). From my perspective, ISU is the best possible school for ag engineering. They have very complete facilites, a very well equiped research farm and extremely competent profs. They are also extremely well connected with the industry (Deere, Agco, etc.) so that's pretty much a guaranteed job after graduation. Looking back at the last 6 years, I wish I had applied at ISU for undergrad and for grad studies. However as you say tuition is scary! The cost of tuition at ISU is would be a tenfold increase over what I pay here at McGill. As far as SDSU and UWRF, I don't really know anything about them.

If tuition is really a problem, but want good ag engineering, I would recommend that you look at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg and the University of Saskachewan in Saskatoon. Tuition at these two school is in the 12-15k range (about the same as studying out of state in the US), but they have really good engineering programs (especially USask).

Let me know if you have other questions.

Nick
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)