AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK from scratch. Suggestions???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

greenandyellow
Posted 3/10/2010 16:00 (#1113985)
Subject: RTK from scratch. Suggestions???

South Central Minnesota
I have had a sf1 atu system in our tillage tractor (8770) for 2 years now and love it. I don't have anything in our planter, sprayer, or combine and am thinking of adding a rtk system that would be moved between these three. They are an 8130 (w/steering valve), a Tyler Patriot XL (w/ old Dicky John controls), and a 9670 (with out Steering valve). I know the easiest (and most expensive) option would be to go all deere since that is what my equipment is but I would love to give JD the finger on at least some of their unlocks and subscriptions. I am thinking Mojo with VRS modem would be the cheapest way to go with adding a 2600 being optional. I would have to put the $4500ish valve on the combine and move the ATU from the tillage tractor to the sprayer for the summer. Does anybody have any better ideas?????? I am leaning this way to keep the deere functionality open if I add the 2600 for Mapping, Itec, row command (1770), swath control, etc. down the road. But I am open to any system if it will do everything I need it to for a good price. Anybody have mojo's new screen? Will it tie into my yield monitor?

Question, will deere let you activate Itec, row command, swath control etc. with only sf1 activated (using Mojo)?

Deere quote $20,000 +$4500 valve in combine

Mojo + modem (or intime) $??

Others $??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)