AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RKPETE & softail AGGPS 432 and WAAS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 3/9/2010 18:59 (#1112614)
Subject: RKPETE & softail AGGPS 432 and WAAS

Hillsboro, AL

Sorry to be so long getting back to you on this, but I was out of town all of last week.

First, you can't configure this from the keypad (or at least I can't find how to do it).  Using the web interface I was able to monitor the status of the receiver.  With no RTK signal going in, my receiver showed to be in the SBAS mode and to be tracking 135 and 138.  It showed a "3D" position and my InSight showed a DGPS fix.  On the Satellite tab, you have to make sure that 135 and/or 138 are "enabled".  The web browser also has the configuration section for Omnistar.  My receiver shows that Omnistar is enabled.  I bought it used and is shows that a subscription expired in 2008.  It gave contact information to contact Omnistar for a subscription.  But, I do not have an active subscription so I can not test that.  In our previous thread, Tom N. indicated that Trimble was blocking that feature and I will defer to Tom on that.  He is in a much better position to know than I am.

To summarize, with no RTK signal going in my 432 dropped back to WAAS and had a DGPS fix.  It is certainly capable is running on WAAS.  But the configuration for this is done from a laptop via the web browser interface.  I am fairly certain that the 432 is physically capable of running on Omnistar, but I cannot say if Trimble will allow that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)