AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Price of Puma Anyone.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 3/4/2010 10:09 (#1104597 - in reply to #1104380)
Subject: Re: Price of Puma Anyone.

Rolla, ND
Just so you realize the formulations of Puma haven't been the same in Canada and the US.

Short summary is the US product is safer on barley due to more safener and less adjuvants. Usually would only make a difference if you cut rates to get pigeongrass. Even with the US product, barley injury can occur at lower rates of Puma. Usually all you might see though is a tendency to lodge at maturity due to the pinching at the bottom of the straw.

And remember, the US products don't come with adjuvants. We normally added crop oil to Puma on wheat. Do not use oil on barley. Your product by itself is a bit hotter on the wild oats. Add the crop oil in the US and ours probably is hotter on wild oats but we can't do it on barley due to crop injury.

I'm kind of surprised someone is still using Puma. I haven't used any for several years.

Oh and pricing is a bit different in general on wild oat herbicides. US has been significantly higher for years, but the gap has closed somewhat, haven't paid much attention to Puma because of price. Seems to me labeled rate is around $16 US plus the crop oil on wheat. Labelled is 2/3 pint.

Never heard of a Canadian who wanted to buy Puma in the US before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)