AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ACRE program ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ehoff
Posted 3/4/2010 07:07 (#1104345 - in reply to #1104319)
Subject: Re: ACRE program ?

Central Missouri
Ditto her in MO Coup, Although if we destroy the worst 35%, I suspect that will increase the yield potential above the 56 bu/a last year unless we have another extremely wet spring. Now the key for me is this ..... for the 2009 crop year acre payment there is 4 months left to establish acre price. Do we buy futures to protect that and more importantly do we buy futures to protect the 2010 crop year potential acre payment.

This is why I use the simple little macd. It tells me when to be long and short. If ya want to eliminate margin calls just don't go against the macd. Now it isn't quite that easy but it sure helps.

We are at a crossroads in wheat rite now visa V the macd and the chart. The macd is higher but price is trading sideways. Looking at the chart the Feb 16 and Mar 1 highs are restricting price and the Feb 4 but more importantly Feb 19 lows are supporting price. Which way it goes is anyones guess. (sideways markets play havoc with macd traders)

We do know that basis in STL will be strong if you have the rite quality of wheat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)